We need to understand different forms to express the future in English. Study carefully this mind map before doing some exercises to practise these verb tenses.
In the following links you will find exercises to practice the future:
- Futurewith will 1: affirmative and negative
- Futurewith will 2
- Future with will 3
- Future with be going to 1
- Future with be going to 2
- Future with be going to 3
- Future plans: PresentContinuous
- Will or be going to?
- Will, going to, or PresentContinuous?
- Present or Future? (Present Continuous or going to?)
- Present or Future? 2 (Present Continuous or going to?)
GERUNDS AND INFINITIVES
- Infinitive and gerund cloze
- Gerund or infinitive - Exercise 1
- Gerund or infinitive - Exercise 2
- Infinitive or gerund after verbs
- Infinitive or Gerund 1
- Infinitive or Gerund 2
- Infinitive or Gerund 3
- Exercise on infinitive and gerund
- Gerund or infinitive
In this unit you are also going to learn to write formal letters. Click on the picture and you'll enter a website with information about writing this type of letters. If you need more information about writing sentences or paragraphs you can go to the following links:
Now you've read the information carefully, you're ready to write your own formal letter. Compose a letter applying for admission to a school abroad. Say what you would like to study and why you have chosen that particular school. Include your qualifications. Remember you want to convince them to accept you!
- Write an application letter to a school abroad (80 words). Remember you must include all the parts of the letter. Then send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject formal letter.
- If you haven't finished all the exercises in the class today, or if you think you can do them better, try to do them again.